Not a problem, but rather Kudos!!

Post your board problems, or suggestions for improvement here.

Moderator: Chris Coker

Sidney Raper

Not a problem, but rather Kudos!!

Postby Sidney Raper » Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:40 am

I just wanted to say that the pics that have been posted are fantastic! Keep up with the cool racing photographs!!!
Sid Raper
1964 1500 (project car - to be a driver)
1967 2000 (driving project - to autocross one day...)
plus loads of Roadster stuff....

Randy Carter

Great Pictures

Postby Randy Carter » Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:29 am

Really like seeing the new pictures. :D

Chris Coker
Site Admin

Postby Chris Coker » Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:50 am

Thanks guys! Thanks to everyone who's been sending in pictures. I've had some of them for a long time. I now have more time to play with the website a little now that racing season is over.

Keeping emailing me pictures, and I'll do my best to put a fresh batch in rotation from time to time.

Thanks also to Bill W., who told me at the runoffs, "you really need to get some new pictures on the website." :lol:

your friendly Rookie webmaster,
Chris C.

Bill Wessel
Roadster Fanatic

Postby Bill Wessel » Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:57 am

Here's a curious thing....

For some reason at work, I don't see the new pics. Tried re-logging and still just the "old" rotation.

At home, I get the new ones.

Any ideas?

Bill .....btw Chris, I knew you'd get around to it sometime after more important things, like racing, were done. :P

Chris Coker
Site Admin

Postby Chris Coker » Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:24 am

Bill-

I had the same problem at home and at work. Deleting the "temporary internet files," in Internet Explorer, also known as empyting your cache file, seemed to fix things.

Your browser stores often used files, in order for the pages to load faster. I didn't change the file names of the pictures, just replaced the old ones with new ones (but saved the old pics on my home computer). So, when your browser sees it needs "picture.jpg" but has already downloaded that file in the past, it will use the local file, rather than re-downloading it. That's a bit of a simplification, but essentially, that's what is going on.

With my new computer setup at home, I've been working on making things easier to keep up to date on the website. I'll also be able to test changes to board formatting and layout on my home computer, without actually affecting this board. You won't notice a difference in the day to day running of the board, though. I also currently do regular backups of the messages posted here (the info is like GOLD), and I'm working on actually automating that process. More time for me to go get my hands dirty in the garage.
Chris C.

Return to “Board Issues”