Hosting server going out of business

Post your board problems, or suggestions for improvement here.

Moderator: Chris Coker

Chris Coker
Site Admin

Hosting server going out of business

Postby Chris Coker » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:55 am

Folks-
I received notices yesterday, that the hosting service I've been using all these years, edatrack, is going out of business and will close August 15.

The question I'd like to pose...is there enough interest in keeping this site going for me to migrate it to another server, assuming I can find something that's reasonable for cost?

While I'm not racing anymore, I do still enjoy my street roadster, and enjoy hearing about everyone's exploits on the track.

Best regards,
Chris

Stan Chernoff

Re: Hosting server going out of business

Postby Stan Chernoff » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:13 am

Chris,

Sorry to hear that the host is going out of business. I vote to search out another host if possible. I would make a donation.

Thanks,
Stan
//////

Chris Coker
Site Admin

Postby Chris Coker » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:07 pm

I found a new hosting server that sounds like a good fit. And it's the same price I was paying before, $35/year for the hosting. Sometime soon I try to get things transferred over.

When the transfer takes place, it will likely take a couple of days for the domain name to transfer to new hosting, etc. When I get ready, I'll probably lock out any new posts, etc on the board, so the content will stay consistent. If you get "locked out" that's probable a good sign that things are moving over.

Everything should be fairly transparent. I'll be out of the country next week, so if I don't get it done this week, it will probably be sometime early in July. I have until August 15 until all the data gets deleted from current host.
Chris C.

Chris Coker
Site Admin

Postby Chris Coker » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:01 pm

I think it's all set now. Testing 123.
Chris C.

Return to “Board Issues”