Not Mine but if I had a few extra bucks...

Sell your Roadster (or racing) related items here.

Moderator: Chris Coker

Oilleak

Not Mine but if I had a few extra bucks...

Post by Oilleak »

Just listed at race-cars.com

http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/other ... 0396ss.htm

Anyone know the car?
Brian Hollands
69 2000
Tampa, FL
SLOroadster

Post by SLOroadster »

I do know the car. It would make a bitchin EP autoXer with a U20 swap. Currently it has a healthy sounding R16, gear reduction starter, LSD, an interesting set of long tube 4-1 headers, ect. I got the car running for the guy. Its currently in Santa Rosa Ca. It does not have paint, but its in a black guide coat. The guy just bought a race preped MGB and is selling the roadster. Hes never driven it. There are a few things I'd change but its pretty much a turn key car aside from paint.

Will
Porsches are yummy!
rc240z

Post by rc240z »

Based on some of the parts on this car I wonder if it has more history that is not listed on the add. It does not look like a 1980's original build, although i am wondering what has been done to the rear suspension.

Ron
Datsun Saves!
SLOroadster

Post by SLOroadster »

The rear suspension is a coilover setup. It pokes through the package shelf. It looks to have a panhard, as well as a watts link. No leafsprings. Its a pretty trick car. The roll cage is pretty substantial, with onboard fire extiguisher, acusump, basicly everything one would need to go racing and have some fun. Just needs a paintjob.

Will
Porsches are yummy!
rc240z

Post by rc240z »

Hmm, normally you have a watts link or a Panhard, but not both.

Do you mean it is a 4 link in the rear with coil overs, as that makes more sense. It is too bad that that photos he has do not show more of the details of the suspension.

Ron
Datsun Saves!
SLOroadster

Post by SLOroadster »

I think its got a 3 or 4 link rear, and I thought I saw a panhard on there. (I couldn't really see under the car, but the coil overs are there.) I thought the owner said something about a watts link, but it could be that he is a little clueless on such things. (He couldn't figure out how to start it.) Its got some funky radiator on it as well as a large but poorly attached front swaybar. (My thought was "did they really race this with this funky setup?") If I had the $, a way to tow it as well as a place to park it, I'd be all over it. I'd sell the R16, put a U20 in and be looking for a driving school that I could afford.

Oh yeah, unless he found the build sheet on the engine he wasn't sure what it was. It has a lopy idle, and the seat he has listed doesn't fit in the car. It contacts with the cage in at least 2 places. It will require the doors to be modified and the cage bent into the doors to clear the seat.

Will
Porsches are yummy!
SLOroadster

Post by SLOroadster »

A little while back I got a call from the owner of this car. It appears that its a somewhat important car from back in the day. Here is some more info on the car. http://www.datsun.org/fairlady/deJacomo.htm

Just thought you guys might be interested.

Will
Porsches are yummy!