BIG, wet sump U20 oil pan available.

Sell your Roadster (or racing) related items here.

Moderator: Chris Coker

timurf

BIG, wet sump U20 oil pan available.

Post by timurf »

Lads,

I have the equivalent of a "kicked out" oil pan, except it is for a U20. The L series pans kick out to the sides, this U20 pan does its kicking mostly towards the front (making it a rectangular tub, like a bread pan) and a little on the right hand side.

OK, that description stinks. Seriously though this is a really well built unit, much more surviveable than the cast unit people go ga-ga over. All steel and built off of a stock pan. The only problem is that the damn thing takes like more than 10 quarts of oil and has to use a long sump (not included,) as the bottom is a few inches lower than stock.

Full baffling and trap doors, of course. Also I welded on an NPT bung for an oil temp sender.

For hillclimb use it is overkill, which is why I am selling it - too much capacity! I ponder that its designer might have had the idea of running road races without an oil cooler.

Pics are available upon request. Anyone have a hotter cam they want to trade?
Jeebus H Christ here comes the corner!!
Murf
406dewey

U20 oil pan

Post by 406dewey »

Is your oil pan still available? I recently spun a rod on my 2000. I think it was the off camber right hand turns causing oil starvation in a non-baffled pan. I have not torn down the motor yet, but wonder if your pan might help prevent this in future? Thanks, Dewey
1968 2 Liter original owner, daily summer driver
1969 2000 SU with B Cam, CSP autocross
1970 2000 Solex with B Cam, road race
Chris Coker
Site Admin

Post by Chris Coker »

A baffled pan will help, but an Accusump will be even better, and it also pre-lubes then engine before startup.
Chris C.
timurf

Oil pan

Post by timurf »

Yes, its still available. Sorry that I haven't checked the forum in a while!

It has the four trap doors designed to keep the pickup immersed in all G directions. It is about 2 inches lower so your pickup needs to be extended to reach the bottom of the pan.

Let me know if you are interested.

Cheers
Murf
406dewey

U20 high capacity oil pan

Post by 406dewey »

Murf, still have not torn down my motor, but I expect to go to a high capacity pan or accusump. Which system I use will depend on price and complexity, how much are you asking for the high capacity U20 oil pan?
Dewey
timurf

Oil pan

Post by timurf »

I'd let it go for $125 + shipping, which is less than I bought it for (about $150 from memory.) Just like to see it go to good use.
Murf
406dewey

U20 oil pan

Post by 406dewey »

Murf, I am interested. Please contact me offline or just send me your email at hahlbohmd@earthlink.net Thanks, Dewey [/quote]