EP/solo 2L on e-bay

Sell your Roadster (or racing) related items here.

Moderator: Chris Coker

Bill Wessel
Roadster Fanatic

EP/solo 2L on e-bay

Post by Bill Wessel »

Have you guys seen this? Purported to be ex-BRE "purple" car (factory lightweight).

Check it out. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-r ... dZViewItem

Bill
Sidney Raper

Post by Sidney Raper »

I saw the ad, but did not see the reference to BRE. Did I miss it?
Sid Raper
1964 1500 (project car - to be a driver)
1967 2000 (driving project - to autocross one day...)
plus loads of Roadster stuff....
Mike Poorboy

Post by Mike Poorboy »

I talked to the guy who posted that car and all the spares on the Denver Craigslist for over an hour. If my memory was correct it didn't have the documentation to back some of the stuff up.

Mike
Bill Wessel
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Bill Wessel »

I'd love to see the log and the car up close. There's some pieces I can see that speak to the history...the headers, the spray bar, the dual brake masters, custom pan, etc. I couldn't tie "Michael Taylor" and datsun 2000 or srl311 to any recent SCCA results, but from what I see in the pics, it's one well prepped vintage car.
rc240z

Post by rc240z »

I talked to the original owner about 6 months ago, and spoke to Peter Brock. This is not a Brock car. It is a good car that has some vintage history but will need some work to be vintage legal. I think it is a good buy, for someone looking to get into vintage racing or Autocrossing.

this car has some great vintage parts and would make a great resto racer if done right.
Datsun Saves!
rc240z

Post by rc240z »

This car has been purchased by the actor Adam Carola (the man show & love line). I had the opportunity to see the car this weekend with Adam, John Morton, Silva Wilkinson and John Knepp and others.

Both John Morton and Knepp confirmed that BRE had sold parts to the original owner / racer to build the car.

This car has been confirmed as a lightweight car, with custom metal flares and many BRE parts. It is currently in Southern California, and is will be refreshed, but not restored.

Hopefully we will see it out at several racing events within the next year.
Datsun Saves!
SLOroadster

Post by SLOroadster »

Sweet! I hope to see it at Solvang. (I hope to see my car at Solvang at this point.)

Will
Porsches are yummy!
rc240z

Post by rc240z »

It would be nice to see the car at solvang, but I would not count on it...

This car is very interesting. it had 250 Lbs in lead ingots attached to the bottom of the car to bring it up to legal weight for SCCA auto x specifications.
Datsun Saves!