1600 G Production Race Car for sale

Sell your Roadster (or racing) related items here.

Moderator: Chris Coker

Mike Poorboy

Postby Mike Poorboy » Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:09 pm

Wow Chris, the Production boys are sure hammering you on selling the car to get married :)

Mike

Chris Coker
Site Admin

Postby Chris Coker » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:18 pm

Price reduced to $8,000. If no buyers at this price, I'll start parting out the car.

Happy roadstering! :D
Chris C.

Mike Poorboy

Postby Mike Poorboy » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:09 pm

Chris,
Your killing me with that price :( .

Mike

Ponder

Postby Ponder » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:54 am

Chris,

Would you happen to know if the car would be legal to autocross in D prepared? I don't have this year's rulebook. I'm not sure why I would expect you to know about its autocrossing legality, but thought I'd ask anyway. Earlier when you first put it up for sale I was thinking about that. The titanium in the valvetrain description made me wonder. I'm not sure anything else caught my eye on legality.

Do you think it would make a good autocrosser in D prepared? A Sprite or Midget won that class at the National Tour at Peru last month. Miatas have won Nationals recently. It is a wicked fast class. But your car's power, weight, suspension mods and brake mods would seem to make it reasonable to think it would do okay. Your gearing and rear end ratio would seem reasonable too?

I've been kicking this around ever since you put it up for sale. I don't have a good place to store and work on it. I've been doing work on my stock class car in my carport for the last two years. I don't think I have the time to road race it seriously. Not sure what the wife would think about that, but others have done it.

Anyway, I'd appreciate your thoughts.
I drank what? - Socrates

DatsunBucky

Postby DatsunBucky » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:27 am

FWIW, when I was autocrossing back in the 70s, I used the stock pads and shoes on my 1600. Fade didn't used to be much of a problem back then, and racing pads have to be up to temp to work well, which they don't really have time to do at an autocross. Unless you try to warm them up in grid...

Too little brakes? Well then, just don't slow down for the corners. :lol:
Bucky
67.5 1600 project

Chris Coker
Site Admin

Postby Chris Coker » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:25 pm

The car would definitely be legal for the Prepared auto-x class. I just took a quick look thought the rules...valvetrain components are open, disk brakes in the rear are OK, and the modified bodywork is legal as well.

You might want a 5.13 rear axle to get out of the corners a little better, and autocross cars do require a different setup, but this would be a good car to run in the Prepared auxo-x class.

Chris
Chris C.

Ponder

Postby Ponder » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:07 pm

Would autocrossing be a worthy vocation for this car? It really seems like it should go to a person who wants to road race it.
I drank what? - Socrates

Mike Poorboy

Postby Mike Poorboy » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:31 pm

Not only woulld it be a good car for autocrossing . Plans are to add a G Prepared for older DP cars . DP is being reorganized to handle the Miata's, and S2000's .

Mike

Ponder

Postby Ponder » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:44 am

Thanks, SpuZ. I had forgotten about G Prepared (hey then I wouldn't even have to change the lettering on the side :lol: ). There was a list in Fastrack with the cars proposed for GP. I don't think the Roadster was on it. But I imagine it would only take an e-mail to Doug Gill if I wanted to go this route. The Roadster certainly fits the profile with the other cars in GP.
I drank what? - Socrates

Ponder

Postby Ponder » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:46 pm

From the August Fasttrack:

The PAC has recommended the following
class changes, published here for member
feedback, to accompany the establishment
of the new DP/GP class structures:

Move the following cars to DP:
Elva Courier (1600, 1800)
Fiat X1/9 (NOC)
Honda S2000 (all)
Lotus Elise
Lotus Elan (all)
Lotus Europa (Renault eng.)
Lotus Europa (Twin Cam)
Lotus Super 7 (1340cc, 1498cc)
Porsche 912E
Porsche 914 (1.7, 1.8, 2.0)
Turner 950S
Turner 1500
TVR 1800

Move the following cars to GP:
Alpine A108, 1000, 1100 (from DP)
Austin-Healy/MG Sprite/Midget (all)
(from DP)
Austin Morris Cooper (all) (from EP)
Datsun B110 (all) (from EP)
Fiat 124, sport spider (all) (from DP)
Fiat 850 (all) (from DP)
Fiat X1/9 (Non Fuel Injected) (all) (new
listing)
Fiat Abarth (all) (from DP)
Jensen Healy (from DP)
Lancia Scorpion (from DP)
Lotus 7, 7A (all) (from DP)
MGA & MGB (all) (from DP)
Morgan (all) (from DP)
Opel GT (all) (from DP)
Porsche 356 (from DP)
Porsche 1300 (from DP)
Saab Sonett (all) (from DP)
Sunbeam Alpine (from DP)
Triumph Spitfire (all) (from DP)
Triumph TR-2, TR-3 (from DP)
Triumph TR-4, TR-4, beam axel (from DP)
Triumph TR-4A, I.R.S. (from DP)
Turner 950 (from DP)

Move the following cars from DP to EP:
Chevrolet Sprint non-turbo
Datsun - Sedans
Honda Civic (all)
Honda CRX (all)
Honda Del Sol (all)
Mitsubishi Mirage
Suzuki Swift non-turbo (all)
Move the following cars from DP to FP:
Chevrolet Sprint Turbo

I think the cars they are proposing to move into DP would be faster cars than the 1600 (Loti, Elva, S2000 and leaving the Miata). I'm just so unfamiliar with the cars in the list for GP that I wonder how a request for the 1600 to be placed in GP would be received. The Sprite has won DP recently at National tour events. The MGA obviously competes in a road racing environment.

The Datsun Sedans (which also obviously compete with the roadster in a road racing environment) are being moved from DP to EP.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask. I don't have enough experience to understand the rationale for the clssing decisions in the prepared class.

Thanks,
Steve
I drank what? - Socrates

Chris Coker
Site Admin

Postby Chris Coker » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:55 pm

Looks like I'll be starting to part the car out this weekend. My plan is to focus on getting rid of all the spares first before I start to cannibalize the car. I would like to keep the engine intact, though.

I'll start posting lists of parts for sale as I get them organized, and I'll be listing most items on ebay. Feel free to contact me directly if you need something in particular.

It's really too bad I wasn't able to find buyer for "Elmo". You couldn't duplicate this car for twice the price. Not to mention all of the development time involved in getting the car to the point where it is now.
Chris C.

Chris Coker
Site Admin

Postby Chris Coker » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:27 pm

Special:

Car + trailer for $6000. You get the Ultra-close gearbox that's in the car (worth about $2k), and I keep the middle close ratio spare. I'll include minimal spares, but you get a track ready car, and a nice trailer for a price that can't be beat.

Thanks for taking a look!
Chris C.

Chris Coker
Site Admin

Postby Chris Coker » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:34 pm

Sale pending....

Looks like the car will stay in one piece. I can't tell you how happy that makes me feel. :D
Chris C.

Jeff Remfert

Postby Jeff Remfert » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:11 am

Is it Spudz?

Chris Coker
Site Admin

Postby Chris Coker » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:14 am

No hints until the sale is finalized. :)

I'll gradually evolve my website into something more generic for roadster racing. If I ever have any more spare time. :roll:

I don't see this message board making any major changes, though.
Chris C.

Return to “Classifieds - For Sale”