Datsun Victory at the Peru National Tour

Tell others about your latest trip to the track.

Moderator: Chris Coker

Ponder

Datsun Victory at the Peru National Tour

Postby Ponder » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:51 pm

I was perusing someone's internet photo album of the Peru National Tour Autocross event and I found this:

http://public.fotki.com/billdaddy/scca_ ... 20080.html

Beautiful Car.

I had scanned through the results earlier in the week, but had missed the fact that this car, driven by Todd Green of Hebron, IN, had won E prepared. There were three cars in EP and he won by 0.426, so it's a little hard to tell how significant a victory it was. His combined 2-day time was 101.5 and SM2's winner was Danny Popp, who I gather through hearsay is an alien-type autocrosser, with a 101.1. The PAx's are pretty close between EP and SM2. So, I think it was a pretty significant win.

I don't know or have ever heard of Mr. Green. Just thought someone might find it interesting.
I drank what? - Socrates

Mike Poorboy

Postby Mike Poorboy » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:43 pm

I saw those results as well and was going to ask who he was. It would be neat to see him run in Topeka .

Mike

Bill Wessel
Roadster Fanatic

Postby Bill Wessel » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:15 pm

I know some of the history of Todd's car (if it's the same car). Todd bought it several years ago from Paris Cross who used to run it in SCCA DP (road race, not solo). The car was maintained by a guy named Paul Trapp. The car had a nick-name. It was called the Barton Special. Here's a link to Rob Beddingtons pages with an earlier pic of the car from Atlanta. www.datsun.org/fairlady/BartonSpecial.htm

Thanks for the pic. I knew Todd had the car but didn't know he continued to run it.

Bill

Return to “Race Reports”